found in 1937, an open-air, waterlogged site
located on the shores of paleo-Lake Hula on the bank of the Jordan River in the Dead Sea Rift, northern Israel, dated to 790 kya
(with a Kombewan African affinity), and charred flint
, seeds and wood, all of which have been interpreted as indicating the presence of hearths
and the controlled use of fire
Jisr Banat Yacub.